We’re looking for a Network Engineer/Technician to support and maintain our client networks and computer systems, network devices, desktops and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal network and workstation performance. This person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required. The position demands a well-organized person with good communication skills and is accustomed to working with helpdesk ticketing systems.
Occasional travel to the client facilities will be required for support and upgrades.
- Build and support new & existing Windows desktops/laptops, keep current the operating systems, hardware and firmware.
- Provide support and day to day administration of Windows desktops/laptops.
- Support in AD user account management and file access security.
- Provide support for WAN and LAN network connectivity.
- Ensure that network related problems are addressed in a timely manner and that tickets are closed and appropriately updated.
- Monitor and manage system backups for all clients in accordance with company backup and offsite storage policy.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking hardware products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex PC problems for a variety of end users, recommend and implement corrective hardware solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding server/PC and/or software/hardware problems.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Administer security technologies.
- Responsible for patch management on all local and client servers/desktops and laptop computers..
- Good driving record is required because there will be travel to clients in the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin areas.
- Be available for occasional after hours work; related to critical outages or off-hours upgrades.
We offer a 24/7 service to our clients so there may be occasional off-hours service calls that must be performed.
Applicant Skill Requirements:
- 2-3 years of professional IT Technician/Network Engineer experience.
- Excellent communication skills to work in-person and via telephone with clients directly.
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 experience.
- Experience with firewall installation, configuration and management.
- Hands-on experience with Windows desktop operating systems.
- Hands-on experience with Wi-Fi access points and VLAN technology.
- Experience with network security technologies.
- An absolute commitment to making clients happy with the quality of our workmanship and our customer support efforts is mandatory. You must be willing to go “above and beyond” every time for every customer.
To apply for this position: Email Your Resume